Student/Consumer Lending and Business Data Analytics
FundingU, a venture-backed consumer lending start-up, seeks a credit & risk analyst to develop effective personal loan acquisition strategies, analyze large datasets, build out credit risk specific analytics/segmentations, provide credit policy & portfolio management support.
At FundingU, you have the opportunity to be part of a small, dynamic team working to change the way loans are underwritten and risk is priced in the student loan market. You will be a self starter who is excited to help shape our innovative credit model and expand our suite of products and pricing models. You will be the primary data analyst on staff and will report to the Head of Lending, but you will work with the CEO as well as one or two outside data analytics and risk experts who have been associated with the Company since its founding.
If you think you have the right skills and enthusiasm for our team, reach out to us and tell us why. We'd prefer you are located in Atlanta, but we are more concerned with finding the right fit for our team - regardless of what city you call home.
- Utilize statistical and segmentation tools to develop acquisition risk strategies for student loan products
- Retrieve data and conduct data driven analytics utilizing various analytical tools, software and techniques
- Formulate the problem statement and develop an analytical solution
- Size the opportunity, analyze different scenarios and assess the impact on business
- Conduct financial analysis and forecasting for program recommendations
- Track and analyze performance of various tests and acquisition programs to evaluate effectiveness
- Partner with cross functional teams to drive implementation of approved recommendations
- Present the analyses, findings and recommendations to broader audience including senior leaders and Risk Advisors
- Advanced degree in Data Analytics, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Finance or other quantitative related field is preferred
- 1 - 2 years' work experience in the analytical-related role.
- Understanding of consumer credit risk management required
- Understand key drivers of consumer loan/credit financials and the underlying consumer behaviors that drive those financials. Experience in student lending is a plus.
- Good business acumen and the ability to connect analytical insights with business decisions
· Using visualization tools to build dashboards and monitor key performance indicators
· Using data to understand new ways of finding impactful insights from limited data sets and develop recommendations
- SAS/SQL/R and/or Data Files & Data manipulation - experience in working with data and data manipulation tools
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails is a plus.